Happy birthday, YouTube! Yes, YouTube is celebrating its sixth birthday this month, and hasshared a couple of impressive new statistics: 48 hours of video are now uploaded per minute, and YouTube has surpassed 3 billion views per day.
In November, YouTube challenged users to increase the number of videos uploaded per minute from 35 hours per minute to 48, and they have delivered. One year ago, YouTube reported 24 hours of video uploaded per minute, and 2 billion views per day.
here are plenty of impressive stats out there on YouTube. One of the most interesting ones was revealed back in April, when the YouTube blog reported that 30 percent of videos make up 99 percent of views on the site.
Some more recent stats on YouTube:
- 13 million: Number of hours of video that were uploaded in 2010.
- 60 days > 60 years: More video is uploaded in two months than the three major U.S. networks (ABC, CBS, NBC) combined created in six decades.
- 30 percent: Amount of overall traffic coming from the U.S. YouTube is localized in 25 countries and 43 languages.
- 700 billion: Number of playbacks in 2010.
- 10,000: Number of partners, hundreds of which make six figures a year.
- More than 7,000: Number of hours of full-length movies and shows.
- 2 billion: Number of global video views per week being monetized.
- 10 percent: Amount of videos available in HD.
- 100 years: Amount of video scanned daily by Content ID, which is used by more than 1,000 partners, including every major U.S. network broadcaster, movie studio, and record label.
- 4 million: Number of people connected and auto-sharing to at least one social network.
- 100 million: Number of daily mobile views.
Continue reading: http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2073962/New-YouTube-Statistics-48-Hours-of-Video-Uploaded-Per-Minute-3-Billion-Views-Per-Day?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sew+%28Search+Engine+Watch%29